Author Topic: TIm is back in town  (Read 2064 times)

Offline morgangoch

• Regia Member
TIm is back in town
« on: April 24, 2015, 02:15:41 PM »
Hello everyone. Tim is back for good form the USA. He is a little down as a result, so I hope plenty of positive contact from his old friends will bring him back to normal as soon as possible. He is staying at my place at the moment, but I just thought I'd let you all know.

Offline danskmacabre

• Administrator
    • Chaos8.com
Re: TIm is back in town
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 03:51:26 AM »
Hi, why is Tim back for good from the USA?
Anyway,  is he online much?
Say hi to him for me.

Offline morgangoch

• Regia Member
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 02:00:56 PM »
Lack of health insurance essentially. So he is back to get an op on his hernia. He does do Facebook....and I am encouraging him to job hunt etc...He'll be glad you said Hi.

Offline danskmacabre

• Administrator
    • Chaos8.com
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2015, 11:58:49 PM »
Can't he just get the operation and recover and then go back to the USA?
All his Visas or whatever for the USA, are they in order?

Offline ArthMawr

• Regia Member
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2015, 05:32:12 PM »
My resident alien status is good to 2016 but I dont know  why I would go back there now I am divorced. I would rather stay closer to my family

Offline morgangoch

• Regia Member
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2015, 01:21:02 PM »
 :D & making good progress too. we need brushes guys for my space marine, tau, orc & IG collective. As you know Tim is very good at figurine painting, so anything Matt can't do (and you are awesome Matt) Tim can do reasonably well (for a consideration). Oussie the elf is back in play.
Randolph has joined Virgil's Shroomface in my old style AD&D game (it still plays more smoothly than all the subsequent versions).
Richie has cruelly sent us videos of Basket Case, Crumb & American Splendour...but he means well and the birthday was more fun with Tim and Richie. Of course Tim hasn't seen Basket Case yet and he suffers from anxiety. American Splendour was funny...Crumb tries my patience.
So yeah he's back and we will try to make him a productive citizen and I will try notto mess with his mind to much via Call of Cthulhu.

Offline wvallance

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2015, 08:06:59 PM »
Old style AD&D plays about as smoothly as a sandpaper bogroll

Offline morgangoch

• Regia Member
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2015, 01:07:21 PM »
Needs a good ref that's all. Pathfinder is beyond them. Anyway Cthulhu Monday night to hunt down rogue neo-cultists (Richie) & his pal who failed to leave their charcater sheets and are busy reading dangerous tomes. They must be stopped.

Offline danskmacabre

• Administrator
    • Chaos8.com
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2015, 02:04:17 AM »
My resident alien status is good to 2016 but I dont know  why I would go back there now I am divorced. I would rather stay closer to my family

Oh ok didn't know you were divorced.
No, no point in going back then.

Offline danskmacabre

• Administrator
    • Chaos8.com
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2015, 02:06:31 AM »
Old style AD&D plays about as smoothly as a sandpaper bogroll

Needs a good ref that's all. Pathfinder is beyond them. Anyway Cthulhu Monday night to hunt down rogue neo-cultists (Richie) & his pal who failed to leave their character sheets and are busy reading dangerous tomes. They must be stopped.

DnD 5th Edition runs very well, you can even download the basic rules for free to see if you like it.
http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/basicrules?x=dnd/basicrules

It feels like a cleaned up 2nd Edition I suppose with elements from 3.5 still there.
I've been running it for some time now and I have all the core books (DMG, PHB and MM).
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 02:07:12 AM by danskmacabre »

Offline morgangoch

• Regia Member
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2015, 11:41:11 PM »
Hmm seems like the modern DM spends a lot of time down loading.

Offline danskmacabre

• Administrator
    • Chaos8.com
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2015, 06:14:45 AM »
Hmm seems like the modern DM spends a lot of time down loading.

Yeah that's true, downloading RPG material and I chat on gaming forums a lot..  I probably spend as much time discussing RPGs online as I do playing them.. :D

However, being able to download the basic DnD 5E rules legally for free is really nice as you get to try the game out before you splash out on the physical books.