Public Forums > Regia Anglorum Public Discussion Forum.

Hi

(1/1)

Geraint:
Hey, saw you at the Big Cheese on Saturday and found it all  very interesting.  Just wondering what this is all about and what it takes to join?  Appreciate a reply with some further info.  Thanks!

Geraint

wvallance:
Hi there. Not sure if you are one of the people who I spoke to when they expressed interest.

You can see the basics of what we represent on the public area of the site and you saw us on the weekend, so I'll concentrate on the details of joining.

Membership costs 15 a year but you can get temporary membership for 5 if you want to try it once and see.

We make most of our own costume, but we can lend you enough to get by for the first few shows.

Most of us are interested in the combat side of things, so I assume that appeals to you. We do training a lot of weekends during the summer if it does not conflict with a show. Combat training initially is focused on safety, so we can hit each other with controlled force in locations that will not cause real injury. Fighting is competitive, but we need to trust one another.

To fight or come to events without a parent or guardian present, you need to be 18+
16 Year olds can fight with written permission from their parents.

Aside from the fighting we also do craft displays, live on authentic campsites and learn about the history of the period.

Caerphilly was a small local show. We often do much bigger shows around the country. One of the biggest is in Kent at the end of August.

Geraint:
No I couldn't get the time to come say hi, but, it sounds like something I could really get into, where do you normally meet? Maybe I can come along and take a look at what you do.

wvallance:
Mainly we meet at battle practices. Either on the Wenault at the top of Cearphilly mountain (down lane opposite travellers rest) or sometimes in Swansea.
Feel free to come along to any of the practices posted and chat with us. Ideally post here so we can expect you.

pschlacter01:
hi ,

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version