Public Forums > Regia Anglorum Public Discussion Forum.

school vist?

(1/2) > >>

bhe:
Hello!  I run a group for home educated children and wondered if you do any kind of educational (school-type) visits?  Thank you for any help you can give. 
Rachel

wvallance:
We have done school visits and shows, though not recently.
I'm sure I can find a few interested people within the group to do this.

Do you have anything specific in mind? In the past we have done a show and tell with the weapons and costume, then done some combat displays.

What sort of numbers and ages of children are you dealing with?
What sort of venue did you have in mind? We need to know what sort of space we might have to work in.

bhe:
Thank you for your reply.  It needn't be anything fancy - it could be as simple as one very enthusiastic person!  Show and tell definitely sounds good.  We have about 35 children of all ages (0 - 16) and we meet in a church hall on a Tuesday.  I'm looking for someone who is willing to chat with the children, answer questions and pass on their enthusiasm - so much better than dry old history books. 

wvallance:
Tuesday is obviously more difficult for those of us who work but as we don't require big numbers, I'm sure we can arrange something with about 4 of us. Probably after Christmas now I assume, did you have any specific date in mind?

We can bring a lot of clothing, weapons, equipment etc. to show them and we are quite knowledgable on the period.
Do you want to focus more on Vikings (for instance) or the more generally on Britain of the 10th 11th century?

bhe:
Apologies for such a late reply - I have been ill.  Thank you for your answer - anything that you were able to do would be gratefully appreciated.  Viking history would be very popular, but 10th or 11th century equally fascinating, if only because it would be less well known.  As I mentioned before, it doesn't have to be anything fancy - just someone with enthusiasm and patience who is willing to spend a little bit of time with a mixed age group of children who will have lots of questions.  Any physical props for show and tell would be an advantage.  As I said before, we meet on a Tuesday in Tondu, Bridgend, between 11am and 2pm.  I'm trying to organise dates for the upcoming term, so please suggest what would suit, and also let me know what charge you would make.  Thank you for all your help.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version